Don’t Do it: Why You Should Never Drink Bong Water

Posted by my lady on

If you’ve run out of weed, you may have wondered if it’s okay to drink the bong water.
Bongwater is used to filter out harmful substances like tar, ash, and cytotoxins, so you don’t inhale these when taking a drag. As a result, the water in the pipe or bong gets dirty quickly.
For one, there’s water in your bong. But it’s the type of water that matters. Tap and bottled water often contain bacteria; bottled water is more so, actually. Thus, this bacteria will be present in your bong water.
When you smoke cannabis with your bong, tar is created, and a thick, black resin builds up quickly. Along with this, loose bits of ash or weed also are left behind in the bong.
A fungus called Aspergillus grows on the cannabis plant. When your weed is heated, this fungus breaks down into mycotoxins. Inhaling these toxins can cause lung disease.
If you don’t clean your bong regularly, fungi and mold will grow in the stagnant water. Other microorganisms and yeast also grow there.
Other environmental pathogens in your bong water include Staphylococcus, E. coli, Proteus, Serratia, Pseudomonas, Acinetobacter, and Streptococcus. These bacteria can be transferred to your bong if you share your weed with friends or handle the weed with unsanitary hands.
If you want to drink dirty bong water that’s full of toxic particles or pathogens, chances are you won’t be able to keep this liquid down for long. There’s a high probability thebong water will make you sick.
Drinking bong water has several side effects, including nausea, dizziness, severe headaches, and others. Plus, there’s a chance you’ll develop instant pneumonia.

Share this post



← Older Post Newer Post →